Wednesday, November 2, 2011

BubbleText.org, A Review


I travel the Internet for a living. It's not easy, and nobody thanks me for it (except for certain satisfied cyber sex partners of questionable gender) but it's my thing. Occasionally I come across a website that grabs my attention, for one reason or another. BubbleText.org is one of those websites.

Hmm, a website that holds my attention for more than 10 minutes that involves no butts whatsoever. This is truly an Internet oddity.
The premise is simple: you type in some text into the text box, and through the power of computer algorithms, that text is magically translated into bubble text, which you might recognize as being the hallmark of the copyright sign. You can then copy and paste that bubble text into, say, for instance, a web article. 
Though it can be hard to read at times, I get almost a perverse fun out of it. So, I decided to ask and answer a series of questions about myself to prove my Bubble Text prowess.
What is my middle name?

What state were you born in?

Who'd you lose your virginity to?

Hey, I'm asking the questions here, buddy.

Can it with the attitude, buddy.

Anyway, BubbleText.org is the flagship station of a larger network of converting otherwise legible text into absolute insanity. You have Flip text, where your text is 
Or Crazy Text, where you can turn simple Times New Roman into Doctor's speak Classic.

I mean, look at that. It's like a combination of Sanskrit and a newspaper cut out kidnap letter. And you can now include that chicken scratch in your emails to Mom, office jokes involving Germans and hostages, and even helpful letters of encouragement to the President of the United States!
But, for serious, go to the BubbleText Facebook page and join one of the other 20,000 people that like random BubbleText in everyday life, and join their Contest page, where if you're the first person to translate and then answer the BT question, you get your name listed on the website.
I'd recommend this website to you, if I was some sort of website reviewer instead of a hapless Internet traveler looking for the next bit of entertainment I can't find on Netflix (no adult films, seriously Netflix?) But in all nonseriousness, go to this website, translate things into BubbleText for awhile. After all, it's impossible to feel stressed when you're insulting your boss and he can't even read it.

Oh, shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment