Saturday, November 11, 2006

Darwin’s theory of evolution

Darwin’s theory of evolution

Recently I’ve been doing a bit of reading. I’ve finally come to an understanding of why the Church was so hostile to Darwin’s theory. Basically I assume that the Magisterium had a bit of foresight and foresaw how this theory might evolve itself.

By evolving, I of course mean that the theory would go beyond just animals and the environment.

I’ve read of notable cases were someone believes that this theory applies to everything. This of course applies to a whole heap of things that do not and should not be believed.

A great example I have come across would be of how people believe in the evolution of dogma. Also since Darwin's theory states that the fittest and the strongest will survive, this implies ignorance of the poor, lame, weak and those that can not defend themselves.

I assume that Summa Theologia agrees with me, along with my other informed readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment